How to Uninstall Avast [Tutorial]
If you’ve decided to switch to another antivirus software, you need to remove Avast first. Today, we’ll go over the tutorial on how to uninstall Avast if you have Windows 7, 8, 10. Depending on that, some steps might be different.
How to uninstall Avast on Windows 7?
- Turn on the computer or laptop and log into the user profile with the administrator’s rights. This will let you perform all sorts of operations with the software.
- Press on the Start button and go to Control Panel. You can find it in the right column.
- In the newly opened window, you should pick the folder Programs and press on Uninstall a program or Programs and Features. The difference appears based on which category view you are using.
- Anyway, the next step is to right-click on Avast Antivirus and pick Uninstall from the list of options.
- When you see the User Account Control window, you need to click on Yes and give your permission for the changes.
- From now on, the process of uninstalling will begin in a separate window. Just press on Uninstall and confirm this action.
- Agree to restart the PC to finish the process and prepare the device for the installation of new antivirus software.
How to Uninstall Avast on Windows 8?
- Pick the profile which has administrator permissions.
- Press the Windows and X buttons on the keyboard simultaneously. The combination opens the menu where you must pick Programs and Features.
- Look at the list of programs installed on the device.
- Right-click on the antivirus and choose Uninstall in the drop-down menu.
- When you see the other window, you need to press on Yes and give your permission for the changes.
- From now on, the process of uninstalling will be in the Avast Setup wizard. Just press on Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Wait till the program is completely removed and restart the device.
How to uninstall Avast on Windows 10?
- Turn on the device and pick the profile that has administrator rights.
- Right-click on the Windows Start to call for the menu you need to choose Apps and Features.
- The Settings window will appear. Make sure the left column is set up on Apps & Features.
- Press on the program you want to uninstall and choose the action – Uninstall.
- When you see the User Account Control window, you need to verify the action choosing Yes and giving your permission for the changes. Sometimes it doesn’t appear, so you simply skip this step.
- From now on, the process of uninstalling will be in the Avast Setup wizard. Just follow the instructions and confirm the action.
- Agree to restart the computer to finish the process and get ready to install new antivirus software.
There are other ways how to uninstall Avast from your PC. There are special utilities that remove different kinds of software. Just pick the apps and programs you want to get rid of and confirm the action. This is very helpful if the regular uninstallation process doesn’t remove the program completely.
Keep in mind, that if you have the paid option and have an annual plan, this won’t cancel the subscription. You must do it from the account on the official site. Otherwise, you’ll still be charged the fees.