How to Update Kodi [Tutorial]
Kodi is one of the most well-known open-sources media centers. You can easily sort your media files and use add-ons to enjoy numerous streaming apps. However, in order to secure an excellent experience using it, you should make sure you use the latest version. Let’s go over the ways how to update Kodi on operating systems like Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
Undoubtedly, Kodi is an exceptional program that works on most devices. The program lets you stream videos and music and offers a convenient way to keep and stream content. It supports the files of most formats including AAC, MP3, OGG, ISO, 3D, H.264, etc.
There are many other features and things it can do. For instance, you can record live TV or use a large number of PVR backends. Using add-ons, you’ll increase the selection of features. From screensavers to weather widgets, the program is able to do lots of things.
How to Update Kodi on Windows?
The simplest method for Windows-running devices is to install the program from the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) in the first place. If you do it, the newly released versions will be automatically installed.
If you want to update it manually, don’t get irritated or upset since it’s also very easy:
- Just go to the Kodi Downloads Page and pick the installation file for Windows.
- Download the file and run it on the device.
- Stick to the instructions to complete the update quickly.
The step-by-step instruction is different if you use Windows Installer. It will include the following steps:
- Launch Kodi on the device and pick Add-ons.
- Click on the Package Installer in the top left corner and pick Install from Repository.
- In the Program Add-ons, you must pick Windows Installer and hit Install.
- Go back to Home Screen, pick Add-ons > Program Add-ons >Kodi Installer > Releases.
- From the available options, press on Win32. It leads you to the versions you can get. Pick the latest number available you need and run it.
- Restart Kodi to start using the latest version.
How to Update Kodi on MacOS?
First of all, you should realize that using Kodi on MacOS or iOS-running devices require a jailbroken Apple device. Each time you want to update the app, you’ll have to look for them manually. One way to do them is to subscribe to the official pages on Facebook or Twitter. Regular users should also get the letters if the new version is released. The rest of the installation process is the same. Just go to the official site, download the file and run it. Mind that Apple may discontinue the warranty if anything happens or you have issues with the device.
How to Update Kodi on Linux
Updating the program on Linux is as easy as installing it. Just a few clicks and you are good to go. Using your Linux device, open Terminal, and type the corresponding command. As you see, it’s not time-consuming or complicated.
Now you know how to update Kodi on various devices and using different methods. Follow the instructions precisely lest you get lost in the process or download the latest version from the official page each time it comes out. So, choose the most suitable and convenient for you to enjoy this extremely popular app anytime.